Landscape/Lawn Care Maintenance Services and Snow Removal
• Ricker Lawn Services uses only sterile, locally produced mulch (insect and disease free)
• Assist client in selection of mulch material and quantity
• Deliver material
• Prepare mulch beds, including weed control
• Edge beds as required
• Spread mulch
Edging (Beds and tree circles)
• Separates flower beds, shrub beds or groundcover area from lawn grass
• Helps keeps grass out of the planting bed
• Outlines specific area in the landscape
• Helps to contain mulch and prevent it washing off
• Prepare area for plantings
• Holes dug to proper depth for bulbs, flowers, shrubs, plants, trees, etc.
• Apply proper fertilizer
• Additional soil added as required
Rough and Finishing Grading
• Rough grading establishes the slope, soil composition, and drainage of the area.
◦ Existing trees, pools, walkways, driveways, etc. taken into consideration.
◦ Not suitable for planting when complete.
• Finish grading determines the final appearance of the area and is a final step before planting begins.
• Hand raking will be done around homes, sidewalks, trees, existing beds, etc..
Soil and Seeding (New and existing lawns)
• Determine and correct any grading issues
• Topsoil delivered and spread as required
• Many varieties and qualities of grass seeds are available.
• Grass seed distributed evenly, fertilized, raked in and covered with seed cover for new lawns
Spring Clean-Up (See our fall clean-up too)
• Begins in March or April, weather permitting.
• We remove leaves, branches, and debris from lawns, beds, drives, walks, and patios.
• We prune any broken or dead branches from ornamental trees and bushes.
• We cut any perennials that have been left from the previous season.
• Repair plow damage turf and plants.
Weed Control and Fertilizing
• Early Spring Application – slow release granular fertilizer, and “DIMENSION” for crab and other unwanted grass plants.
• Spring Application – liquid herbicide, for broadleaf weed control,
(dandelion, thistle, etc…)
• Late Spring Application - Slow release granular fertilizer.
• Summer Application – slow release granular fertilizer, with iron and manganese to improve root growth and disease resistance.
• Early Fall Application – liquid herbicide, for broadleaf weed control, (dandelion, thistle, etc.)
• Late Fall Winterizing – granular fertilizer, with high nitrogen to strengthen lawn and help prevent winter diseases, (snow molds, etc.).
Mowing and Trimming
All grass areas will be cut and trimmed to a height that will promote a healthy lawn (height may vary during the growing season depending on the weather and other conditions).
• All debris, (paper, branches, etc.) will be removed while mowing.
• Down spouts will be moved or lifted prior to mowing or trimming of the area.
• Grass clippings will be blown off of walks, driveways, patios, tree circles, and beds when mowing and trimming is completed.
• Mowing and trimming will begin in April, and end in November.
• Frequency to be determined by weather conditions, lawn conditions, etc.
Ornamental Bed Maintenance
• Roundup® nonselective herbicide will be used to control weeds and unwanted grasses in beds, around utilities, walk, and driveway cracks, and around areas that may get damaged by trimming.
• Hand weeding will be done in areas where Roundup® can’t be used.
• Inspection of all areas - customer will be notified of any plant diseases or lack of nutrients and be given recommendations for correction of same.
• Will be done with a power edger.
• All debris will be removed.
Fall Clean-up (Complements of Spring Clean-up)
• Usually done in November when most leaves are down.
• Cleanup can be done progressively, as soon as the leaves begin to fall through the end of the season.
• Cleanups will consist of removing leaves, branches, and debris from lawns, beds, drives, walks, and patios.
• Shrubs, bushes, and hedges will be cut to their specific needs.
...and many more services are offered!